Read below about Glypoic® Complex or click one of the links below to learn more about:
What is Glypoic® Complex?
Glypoic Complex(TM) is a scientifically advanced skin care ingredient that combines glycolic acid and alpha lipoic acid. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) derived naturally from sugar cane; alpha lipoic acid is an organic acid derived from many natural plant sources. Each acid serves an important function. With the smallest molecular size of any AHA, glycolic acid achieves superior epidermal penetration while alpha lipoic acid is an essential antioxidant for cell metabolism.
How does it work?
Glypoic Complex (glycolic acid and alpha lipoic acid) penetrates the epidermis and works in three ways:
1. Glycolic acid loosens and dissolves the glue-like substance that holds the outer layer of cells
to each other and to the underlying epidermis. These thick, piled up, clinging cells are
responsible for the appearance of dry, rough, scaly skin, discolored skin and sun damaged spots.
Thanks to Glypoic Complex(TM), these skin cells can now grow and slough in a normal
fashion resulting in smoother, hydrated and vibrant skin. This process takes place at the opening
of the pores to reduce pore size and blackheads.
2. Alpha lipoic acid is an essential element required for cell growth and improved cell
metabolism. Alpha lipoic acid attacks free radicals that damage normal cell division and
collagen formation and makes them inactive. This allows better and faster results with products
containing Glypoic Complex(TM).
3. Glypoic Complex affects the deeper layers of the skin by improving collagen and elastin
synthesis. As alpha lipoic acid inactivates free radicals that interfere with collagen production, glycolic acid stimulates elastin production. The synergistic result is improved skin tone and a decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What are the benefits?
Regular use of products with Glypoic Complex(TM):
- Improves skin texture, tone, and moisture content
- Improves skin color and lightens brown spots
- Increases elasticity and firmness of the skin
- Decreases the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet
- Decreases the puffiness of the skin under the eyes
- Decreases pore size and reduces blackheads